Friday, June 13, 2008

Our first day at the Parry Town Basic School

These are the beautiful children of the Parrytown Basic School! We spent the morning doing puppet shows, games, crafts, and snacks, all themed around the story of Jonah. There were about 60 kids, and we fell in love with all of them. Our students have already found their "Alex" I think... It's so precious to see them attached at the hip with their favorites. Miss Vickie did an amazing job leading the team, from the way she prepared before the trip to the way she managed everything on site. You would never have guessed it was her first missions trip! There were 3 rain showers in the 3 hours we were there, and because most of the children have asthma, we have to bring them inside when it rains. This certainly complicates our situation since all of our activities are planned and spread out in stations outside, but Vickie and the team rolled with the punches and made everything flow seamlessly!

3 comments:

Holly said...

You guys look so busy!! What a great day you had. Love to see all the smiles! Briana, that picture of you is beautiful. Praying for you all as you continue to impact lives for Jesus! Miss you, Mom/Holly

Justine, good job in the airports!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to drop by and say hi to you all!! You all look like you are having an amazing time already, I know I miss being there this year.. I love you guys and am proud of all of you. I know God did a lot in my life being there last summer and I know he will do something in each of you as well. Andrew I miss you brother, but I am praying for you that God will give you a heart for Jamaica!! Say hi to all the kids for me they are so precious.. and I have to agree with Courtney that you all will find your little Alex :] I love you all and am praying for you.. Briana this is an awesome picture of you..

I will be praying for all of you
love ~Bethany Wiles~

Leaders and construction team thank you all for making this same expereicne happen for all these kids as I was able to experience it last year

Unknown said...

hey!! o my word these pictures make me miss you all so stinkin much! It looks like you're all having a great time and I hope you all continue to do amazing work...
I love you and miss you all but I must say a special hi to Justine and Angela.

It is so wierd not having the two of you here! It's like my other mom and my other half are missing :( I love you to bits and I can't wait to see you!!

love sheena